2017 1 oz $5 Canada Silver 50th Anniv Voyageur MS-69 NGC (ER)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThe character and spirit of the country was revealed on Canada's first circulating Silver dollar in 1935. This remarkable design of the untamed frontier has made its way back in circulation as a $5 legal tender bullion coin.
This is the highest denomination made available on a one oz Silver legal tender bullion coin.
Canada’s first circulating Silver dollar was introduced in 1935 to mark the Silver Jubilee celebrations for King George V. Its design featured a voyageur and native person paddling a canoe in tribute to the fur trade; the industry that founded the nation, and the image of a vast untamed frontier it conveyed made it one of the most popular coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the MS-69 condition of the coin.
- The Early Releases label ensures that the coin was received by NGC within the first 30 days of release.
- Features a visible micro-engraved security maple leaf featuring ‘17’ in the center of the leaf.
- Obverse: Susanna Blunt’s design of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the $5 face value and the year 2017.
- Reverse: Depicts an image of a canoe carrying furs with a voyager paddling at the stern and an aboriginal paddling at the bow.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Protect and display your graded coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this 1 oz Silver Canada 150 Special Edition Voyageur coin to your cart today!
Largely unchanged from the design that appeared on Canadian Silver dollars from 1935 to 1986, the “Voyageur” image by sculptor and artist Emanuel Hahn is a powerful nod to Canada’s early history and its reputation as an untamed frontier during the fur trade era.
In the center of the coin's reverse is where a canoe moves swiftly past the wind-swept pines that dot a semi-circular island. A voyageur paddles at the stern, while an Aboriginal paddles at the bow; between them, a bundle of wrapped furs are marked “HB” for Hudson’s Bay Company, while stylized vertical rays above represent the aurora borealis lighting up the sky.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.