2018 Great Britain Gold Sovereign Proof (w/Box & COA)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
- Product Details
Product DetailsThe timeless design of the Gold Sovereign, celebrates the 65th anniversary of The Queen's coronation with a special crown mint mark!
- Contains .2351 oz of Gold.
- Comes in a custom wood box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited edition presentation mintage of 13,350.
- Special mint mark can be found on the obverse to celebrate the 65th anniversary of the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, the world's longest reigning living monarch.
- Obverse: Includes an effigy of Her Majesty Elizabeth II as well as the date.
- Reverse: Features St. George and the dragon by Benedetto Pistrucci, an image that has endured for almost 200 years.
The Sovereign continues to be recognized as a Gold coin of beauty, quality and value, and is considered by many as the flagship coin of The Royal Mint. Add this 2018 Gold British Sovereign to your cart today!
The Sovereign is the flagship coin of The Royal Mint, famous across the world as a symbol of quality, accuracy and a masterpiece of design. With a story that began more than five centuries ago, the coin’s royal connections were present from the start when Henry VII ordered the creation of a "new money of Gold". The Sovereign was given a name that served as a reminder of the coin’s connection with the monarch.
2018 is a historic year in the story of the British monarchy, as Her Majesty The Queen, now the world’s longest reigning living monarch, marks the sapphire anniversary of her coronation. This remarkable event is unlikely to happen again for many generations. To celebrate the anniversary, The Royal Mint has incorporated a unique mint mark on The Sovereign, the coin of the crown, for one year only.
Queen Elizabeth II is the first British monarch to mark more than 65 years of service, making the addition of this particular mint mark to celebrate this achievement a minting first.
Each coin is struck in 22 carat Gold, finished to Proof standard, and features the mint mark depicting a royal crown with "65" entwined in the design.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.