1945-46 Saudi Arabia Gold 4 Pounds ARAMCO U.S. Mint AU Detls NGC
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Buy Price
This Gold disk was made by the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia for ARAMCO (Arabian American Oil Company). ARAMCO needed them to pay royalties to Saudi Arabia for oil needed during World War II.
- Contains .9416 oz actual Gold weight.
- 91,210 of these 4 Sovereign (often referred to as 4 Pounds) coins were minted in 1945-46.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the authenticity of the coin.
- Obverse: Depicts an eagle on one side with the words "U.S. Mint Philadelphia - U.S.A.".
- Reverse: An inscription that states: "Gross Weight-493.1 Grains, Net Weight 452.008333 GR, Fineness 916 2/3".
- Struck at the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia.
Protect and display your coin in style by adding attractive an presentation box recommended for this coin.
The majority of these coins were not issued and most were later melted down, making the surviving population very small. Add this historic Saudi Gold coin to your cart today!
ARAMCO needed these to pay royalties to Saudi Arabia for the right to start drilling for the vast oil reserves known to be there, and to help alleviate the shortage of domestic petroleum caused by the record consumption during World War II.
Cataloged in Krause as KM #34.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.