2017 American Liberty Silver Four Medal Set PF/MS-70 NGC (ER)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThese 225th Anniversary Silver medals were struck using a 1 oz .999 fine Silver planchet normally reserved for the American Silver Eagle program. This medal set is graded PF/MS-70 by NGC with the Early Release Attribution and signed by Rhett Jeppson.
The anticipated 2017 225th Anniversary Liberty Four Silver Medal Set is here. Celebrating the Mint's 225th year anniversary the Silver medal is a counterpart to the 2017-W American Liberty High Relief Gold Proof $100 coin, bearing the same design of Lady Liberty.
- Each medal contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver finished in Proof, Reverse Proof, Enhanced Uncirculated and Uncirculated.
- Each medal is authenticated by NGC and given the PF-70/MS-70 grade.
- The Early Release label guarantees each medal was received by NGC within the first 30 days of the release.
- Special Label series signed by the Principal Deputy Director of the US Mint, Rhett Jeppson. Only 118 sets in population!
- Obverse: Liberty as an African-American woman, wearing a coronet of stars, designed by Justin Kunz and sculpted by Phebe Hemphill. Credit is given to both artists and the medal includes both their initials, “JK” and “PH.”
- Reverse: A bald eagle in flight designed by artist Chris T. Costello and engraved by Michael Gaudioso. Each medal features a different mint mark: D, P (not shown on the medal), W, or S.
- Rim: Smooth edge, rather than reeded.
- Medals are not legal tender.
Protect and display your Silver Medals in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this 2017 American Liberty Silver Four Medal Set to your cart today!
This 2017 American Liberty Silver Four Medal Set includes a reverse proof medal from the Philadelphia Mint, a standard proof from the San Francisco Mint, an Uncirculated, or burnished, medal from the Denver Mint and a regular proof issue from the Philadelphia Mint.
Part of the exciting new collection of U.S. Mint Silver Medals, the Commission on Fine Arts (CFA) and the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC) were both involved in selecting the new modern design of Lady Liberty. A new design was favored as noted in the comments of CCAC member Donald Scarinci,
“Show us Liberty in a new and contemporary way, and let’s shed these Civil War symbols, these hundred-year-old symbols that really don’t have the emotional impact to contemporary Americans that they did 100 years ago.”
Following on those sentiments, Chair Mary Lanin expressed, "We have an opportunity, all of us, to make a difference in applying a new perspective and to broaden the view of Lady Liberty which up to this point has been cast in a European classical mold. There are three things that we should keep in consideration: We should be inclusive of the fact that there are many races that make up the United States. We should be mindful that each of us has our own ideal of what a woman or Liberty should look like, and we may need to broaden that. And we should be sensitive when we make our choice that the characteristics are matching those ideals.”
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.