Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- Approved by the act of July 17, 1862.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve and graded Almost Uncirculated-58 EPQ by PMG.
- Face: Bears an engraving of one of the contemporary issue of Five Cent postage stamps featuring a bust of Thomas Jefferson.
- Back: Black printing of the obligation at center surrounding a large numeral “5”, with an intricate engraving.
- This is the straight edge type with the ABC monogram on back—Friedberg #1230.
These were issued starting in 1862 to help alleviate the shortage of coins due to public hoarding caused by the Civil War. Add this First Issue Fractional Postage Currency of 5 Cents to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.