2018 Silver €10 The Sower Series Proof (The Ecu de 6 Livres)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Buy Price
Struck since 1793, the Ecu de 6 Livres replaced the Louis d'Or shortly after the break out of the French Revolution.
The historical design of the original Ecu de 6 Livres features a genius engraving the Constitution and is featured on Monnaie de Paris' next coin in the Sower Series.
- Contains .6423 oz of Silver.
- Comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts Roty's Sower, an emblematic figure of French numismatic history.
- Reverse: Depicts the revolutionary era with some of its major symbols including the storming of the Bastille in 1789, the National Guard, and the revolutionaries with their phrygian cap or their characteristic hat. On the left of the scene, a reproduction of the obverse and the reverse of the 1793 Ecu de 6 Livres can be found.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Silver coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2018 Silver €10 The Sower Series Proof (The Ecu de 6 Livres) coin to your cart today!
The Louis d'Or was produced from 1640 to 1792. By the end of 1792, the Louis with Louis XVI's effigy was replaced by the Ecu de 6 Livres, engraved by Augustin Dupre (1748-1833).
Augustin Dupre started his career as an engraver at the Royale manufacture of arms. Around 1770, he started engraving his first medals. The French Revolution broke out in 1789. It first transformed the Kingdom of France to a constitutional monarchy and then to the First Republic. Those changes of regime came with a monetary reform that led to a change of circulating coins. A competition was organized in 1791 to select the new drawings, and Augustin Dupre was selected. he was named General engraver of the Coin Institution in July of 1791 and kept this position until 1803.
Struck since 1793, the Ecu de 6 Livres presents in its obverse a genius engraving the Constitution. The reverse features an oak crown with the face value of "SIX LIVRES".
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.