Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1/2 oz of .999 fine Gold in Proof finish.
- Comes in a round-shaped presentation box with certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 15,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features a high and normal jump ramp for the athletes to compete on. A special radial mark reveals a skier in flight when tilted in the right angle.
- Reverse: Depicts the PyeongChang Winter Olympics emblem symbolizing a world open to everyone and coming together in PyeongChang, a place where heaven meets earth.
- Coins are officially licensed by the United States Olympic Committee.
This coin is one of a series of two Gold and eight Silver coins commemorating the 23rd Olympic Winter Games taking place in PyeongChang, South Korea in 2018. Don't miss this limited opportunity to own a part of history. Add this 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympic Commemorative Proof Coin to your cart today!
The first Olympic Winter Games were held in Chamonix, France in 1924. The Games were held every four years through 1936. World War I interrupted and no games were held in 1940 and 1944 but resumed in 1948. The Summer and Winter Games were held in the same years until the International Olympic Committee decided in 1986 to place them on separate four-year cycles in alternating even-numbered years. This change was implemented in 1992, and the next Winter Games were in 1994.
The Ski Jump event has its origins in the late 19th century in Norway. It consists of a jumping ramp and landing hill where athletes are judged by the distance they travel and the style performed. This event has been included in the Winter Games since 1924. The first women's event occurred in 2014 where Carina Vogt of Germany won the first Gold medal ever awarded for women's ski jumping.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.