Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1/2 oz of .999 fine Silver in Proof finish.
- Comes in a square-shaped presentation box with certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 25,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features an up-close portrait of a skiing athlete in motion and the coin's denominational value of 5000 WON.
- Reverse: Depicts the PyeongChang Winter Olympics emblem symbolizing a world open to everyone and coming together in PyeongChang, a place where heaven meets earth.
- Coins are officially licensed by the United States Olympic Committee.
This coin is one of a series of two Gold and eight Silver coins commemorating the 23rd Olympic Winter Games taking place in PyeongChang, South Korea in 2018. Don't miss this limited opportunity to own a part of history. Add this 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympic Commemorative Proof Coin to your cart today!
The first Olympic Winter Games were held in Chamonix, France in 1924. The Games were held every four years through 1936. World War I interrupted and no games were held in 1940 and 1944 but resumed in 1948. The Summer and Winter Games were held in the same years until the International Olympic Committee decided in 1986 to place them on separate four-year cycles in alternating even-numbered years. This change was implemented in 1992, and the next Winter Games were again in 1994 and has occurred every four years since.
The Alpine Skiing event had its debut in 1936 at the Olympic Winter Games in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany and included both men's and women's events. Furthermore, skiing is also held in World Championship competitions independent of the Olympic games. The event has grown from a combined downhill and slalom competition to separated races. In 1952, the giant slalom was added and in 1988 the super giant slalom. Austria ranks first with 34 Gold medals with Switzerland following at 20 Gold medals and the United States in third with 16 Gold medals.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.