Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- One the first small size Silver Certificates issued.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- This 1928-D Silver Certificate is in Fine condition with no distractions.
- Face: Portrait of George Washington with "Silver Certificate" above and "One Dollar" below.
- Back: Large "ONE" with "ONE DOLLAR" superimposed at center.
Protect your Small Size Currency by adding a protective currency holder to your order.
Nice circulated examples of these Silver Certificates are not that easy to find. Add one of these great collectors items to your cart today!
Julian/Woodin signatures signify that this note was printed from March of 1933 through December of 1933—Friedberg #1604.
Although many of these series were printed in the billions, this series is an exception with less than 15 million printed! The scarcity of this issue stems from William H. Woodin's brief tenure as Secretary of the Treasury. He was appointed by President Franklin Roosevelt in early 1933 to the Treasury position, but resigned at the end of that same year due to ill health.
This reduction in size from the older large size notes was done as a cost saving measure with all paper currency being used at that time.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.