Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
From the Bering Strait to the Antarctic Circle, and many of the Pacific isles in between, the British navigator charted more terra incognita than any other in his time. This proof fine Silver dollar commemorates the 240th anniversary of Cook’s arrival at the summer village of the Nuu-chah-nulth people, at Nootka Sound, which drew more explorers and traders to Canada’s western shores.
- Contains 0.75 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coins come in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 20,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Maritime artist John Horton presents an artistic rendering of Captain James Cook’s arrival at Nootka Sound in April 1778.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this 2018 Silver 240th Anniversary Captain Cook coin to your cart today!
Reverse features towering mountains and the timbered headland of Bligh Island provide a stunning backdrop to this historical portrait, all precisely engraved in a superb proof finish and framed by a nautical twisted rope. Viewed in three-quarter profile, a stern-looking Cook keeps a watchful eye on his ship and crew while holding a telescope in one hand, his Admiralty orders in the other. Behind his left shoulder is HMS Discovery, which is moored a short distance away from HMS Resolution, whose crew is unrigging the ship and removing masts and spars in preparation for repairs. In the water, a group of Nuu-chah-nulth approach the Resolution in a canoe, ready to extend a friendly greeting.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.