2016-2018 Great Britain 4-Coin 2 oz Silver Queen's Beasts Set
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
The beloved Queen's Beasts Series is now available in an elegant presentation case complete with labeled placeholders for each coin in the series.
- Each coin contains a total of 2 oz of .9999 fine Silver for a total Silver weight of 8 oz.
- Contains 4 Queen's Beasts coins: Lion, Griffin, Dragon and Unicorn.
- Features an elegant hardwood presentation box designed to house the entire 2 oz Silver Queen's Beasts Series.
- Includes clear capsules custom-fitted for the 2 oz Silver Queen's Beasts coins.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 5 pounds.
- Reverse: Features one of the beasts from the Queen's Beasts series.
- Sovereign coins backed by the British government.
Don't delay! Add this 2016-2018 Great Britain 4-Coin 2 oz Silver Queen's Beasts Set to your cart and begin your own collection today!
At the coronation of Her Majesty The Queen, 10 heraldic beasts stood guard. The Queen’s Beasts, sculpted by James Woodford RA for the coronation ceremony held in Westminster Abbey in 1953, stand six feet tall. The heraldic creatures symbolized the various strands of royal ancestry brought together in a young woman about to be crowned queen. Each proud beast, used as a heraldic badge by generations that went before her, was inspired by the King’s Beasts of Henry VIII that still line the bridge over the moat at his Hampton Court Palace.
Today, The Queen’s Beasts can be found at the Canadian Museum of History in Quebec, while Portland stone replicas, also carved by James Woodford, watch over Kew Gardens in the United Kingdom. But these mythical, ancient creatures – lions, griffin, falcon, bull, yale, greyhound, dragon, unicorn and horse – have gone on to inspire the highly-praised new talent, Royal Mint Coin Designer Jody Clark.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.