- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The legend of the Fiji Mermaid began when a sailor came across what he thought was an actual mermaid that had washed up to shore in the Fiji Islands in the early 1800s. The original object was exhibited by P.T. Barnum in Barnum’s American Museum in New York in 1842 and then mysteriously disappeared. It is assumed that one of the many fires suffered by Barnum destroyed the “Mermaid”.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 2,500 coins.
- Obverse: Features the Fiji crest along with denomination of 1 Dollar.
- Reverse: Depicts a mermaid breaking through the surface of the water.
- This coin is manufactured and distributed by Scottsdale Mint and is legal tender in Fiji.
Protect your coins and capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add all the Fijian series from Scottsdale Mint to your collection! Add this beautiful Silver Mermaid Rising coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.