2018 Fiji 1 oz Silver Mermaid Rising Proof (Colorized)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
New from the Scottsdale Mint comes a new, limited mintage proof coin that is inspired by ancient folklore. The legend of the Fiji Mermaid is eerie and mysterious, and the mystical creature is now reminiscent on this beautiful 1 oz Silver colorized coin.
The legend of the Fiji Mermaid began when a sailor came across what he thought was an actual mermaid that had washed up to shore in the Fiji Islands in the early 1800s. The original object was exhibited by P.T. Barnum in Barnum’s American Museum in New York in 1842 and then mysteriously disappeared. It is assumed that one of the many fires suffered by Barnum destroyed the “Mermaid”.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 2,500 coins.
- Obverse: Features the Fiji crest along with denomination of 1 Dollar.
- Reverse: Depicts a mermaid breaking through the surface of the water.
- This coin is manufactured and distributed by Scottsdale Mint and is legal tender in Fiji.
Protect your coins and capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add all the Fijian series from Scottsdale Mint to your collection! Add this beautiful Silver Mermaid Rising coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review