Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The 2016 Cougar was the first installment of the Royal Canadian Mint's four-coin 1 oz Silver Canadian Predator series, followed by the second release, the Lynx in 2017. Each release has been equally popular with an exclusive appeal and low mintage of 500,00 coins. For the third release, the Wolf offers an even lower mintage of 300,000 coins!
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Packaged in RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included authentication card.
- Each authentication card features the MintDirect® designation, ensuring it comes directly from the Royal Canadian Mint.
- Multiples of 10 are housed in a 10-Count APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage box (5” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- Multiples of 20 are housed in a 20-Count APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage box (10” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- APMEX® storage boxes hold MintDirect® or MintDirect® Premier TEP Singles and are stackable with other APMEX® Mini Monster Boxes and the APMEX® Monster Box.
- Features a bullion finish with brilliant frosted relief on a lined background.
- Obverse: Susanna Blunt’s design of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the $5 face value.
- Reverse: Features an engraved portrait of a wolf in pursuit of its prey. The fine details of the thick, coarse coat and sharp canines showcase the distinctive features that make this one of Canada's premier predators. Expertly engraved and enhanced with carefully applied polishes, design by artist Nathalie Legace.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect and display your Silver Wolf in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this 2018 1 oz Silver Predator Wolf MintDirect® coin to your cart today!
The wolf is one of the world's most notorious animals, both loved and (wrongly) feared. Because of its high intelligence, adaptability and great skill in hunting, it has historically lived in every type of surroundings in the northern hemisphere except for the desert. Around 50,000 wolves inhabit Canada, the second largest population in the world after the former Soviet Union. Today Canadian wolves occupy about 85 percent of their original range, and although some local wolf populations are fluctuating, the overall number is pretty stable.
Wolves range in color from black to creamy white in the far north. White hair contains more air pockets than pigmented hair and provides better insulation as well as camouflage against the snow. They are social animals, gathering in packs of up to 20 members. You will hear wolves on many outdoor adventures, particularly in the Algonquin Park, Ontario, where wolf howling is organized. Wolves are now permanently protected, not just inside the Algonquin Parks, but throughout the surrounding townships.
APMEX has created a process to guarantee these coins are direct from the Royal Canadian Mint to you to ensure that our customers receive only authentic Royal Canadian Mint coins. MintDirect® is your symbol of guarantee that these coins were processed from tubes that come straight from mint-sealed "Monster Boxes", exactly as they were delivered, providing peace-of-mind when buying, holding or selling.
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® coin to ensure that the authenticity and condition of each coin is protected after they are removed directly from the mint tubes. Each coin is placed in a protective authentication card composed of a non-reactive plastic polymer to protect your coin’s finish.
The sealing process seals the coin within the authentication card, creating a tamper-evident package that will guarantee your investment indefinitely. If the tamper-evident package has been opened in any way, you will know it. After the process is completed, the coin in the tamper-evident package is removed from the machine and checked to ensure that the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished 2018 1 oz Silver Wolf MintDirect® Single.
By using this process, APMEX can guarantee that the coins you receive are authentic and in the exact condition as they were when they left the Royal Canadian Mint. MintDirect® process gives investors confidence in their purchase, knowing that they can buy, hold or sell an authentic coin, guaranteed.
Note: The MintDirect® process does not guarantee protection from spotting or tarnishing that normally occurs in chemically active metals, such as Gold, Silver and Platinum.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.