Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Mintage of 2,000 worldwide.
- Comes in a mint issued box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Reverse Proof condition with Black Ruthenium finish.
- Obverse: Features a traditional "Ta Moko" mask design, purity and weight.
- Reverse: Depicts a likeness of Queen Elizabeth II along with the Tuluma, the national symbol of Tokelau. The Tuluma is a wooden tackle box used by the fishermen of Tokelau, inscribed with "Tokelau mot e Atua" meaning "Tokelau for God", referencing the influence of Christianity in Tokelau.
Add this Silver $5 Maori Moko coin to your cart today!
The traditional "Ta Moko" tattoo's are traditionally carved by uhi (chisels) in comparison with modern-day tattooing, puncturing with needles. The designs refer to the rank, lines of rank, power, position at birth, position in life, etc of the bearer. Ta Moko was worn by both men and women, applied to the face and buttocks of men, and to the chin, lips and shoulders of women.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.