2018 Canada 1/4 oz Silver $3 The Thirteen Teachings Sucker Moon
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
This beautiful fourth issue in the new captivating series features original woodland designs illustrating the 13 teachings from Grandmother Moon according to Anishnabe tradition.
- Contains 1/4 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 4,000.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features a captivating image of a full moon filling the sky as it sits low on the horizon behind a leafless tree. To the left, a sucker fish swims downward, away from the viewer, along the edge of the coin. A trail of bubbles forms in the wake of its tail as the fish turns towards the tree on the right. The use of bold lines, and the insertion of vivid color within the black area as if to reveal what lies within, is a signature design element in woodland art.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Collect them all! Add this 1/4 oz Silver $3 Sucker Moon coin to your cart today!
In April, the sucker fish returns to spawn after traveling to the spirit realm. As it swims through the water, it purifies a path for the spirits and cleanses the water beings. As life bursts within the stream and along its bank, we are reminded that we are but partners in this experience called life-that the harmony within the stream can also exist within ourselves. Once we are healed, we can bring healing to others through our peaceful presence and actions.
Grandmother Moon is always ready to share her loving wisdom, and this captivating coin series brings you her life teachings with 13 original woodland designs. Canada’s Indigenous people view every aspect of nature as a living relation that plays an active role in their lives. And although variations do exist due to geography and climate, Grandmother Moon is a central figure, her kind and gentle ways always a common thread.
For the Anishnabe people, the woodland cultures that extend from the eastern seaboard to the Great Lakes, and the headwaters of the Mackenzie River. Every moon brings a new teaching that is illustrated in each coin design to foster understanding and respect for all of Earth’s creatures, a stunning work of art with a unique insight into Indigenous life.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.