Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Each honored tribe is paired with an original Native American weapon that they may have used in battles amongst one another and immigrants over many centuries. The obverses are hand sculpted so that the collector can enjoy a high level of detail in these diverse armaments.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coin comes in a protective plastic capsule inside a black display box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 1,500 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts a hand sculpted image of a Native American war shield.
- Reverse: Features a striking image of a Cherokee tribe member in combat with his weapon, the jawbone.
- All of the coins in the series are authorized by the federally recognized sovereign nation of Jamul. This detail can be seen on the rim of the coin.
Add this unique piece of Native American culture to your cart today!
The buffalo primarily roamed in the Great Plains of North America becoming a vast source of food and weapon material for early Native Americans. The buffalo jawbone was an effective weapon for close quarters fighting. The teeth of the jawbone could be sharpened and polished, and the jaw could hold other attachments to make it an effective weapon. Although not the most commonly used weapon, once you threw your spear, or used all your arrows, and wanted to close in with a weapon, the jaw bone could inflict real damage. Coming later to the Plains, the Cherokee would have learned to use this weapon from tribes in the area. The jawbone is even mentioned being used as a weapon in the Bible.
War Shields were made to be used as a means of defense on horseback only and were therefore found as a defensive weapon amongst the Great Plains Indians. The war shields were made from the skin of a buffalo's neck which had been smoked and hardened with glue extracted from the hoofs of the bison. The more skins used in making the war shields, the better protection they would offer. The war shields were used to deflect arrows but could also provide protection against the spear of an enemy.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.