Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 0.4706 oz of Gold.
- Limited mintage of 750 coins.
- Presented in a case, that includes a story of the Armistice and the inspiration behind the coin's design. The accompanying booklet was produced in partnership with the Imperial War Museum, to provide additional information and images.
- Obverse: The obverse features the fifth definitive portrait of The Queen by Royal Mint engraver Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Designed by Stephen Raw, the coin features an inscription taken from Wilfred Owen's poem, "Strange Meeting", and has the inscription, "The truth untold, the pity of war." The coin also includes the denomination, and title "The First World War", "Armistice" and "1918".
- Guaranteed by The Royal Mint.
Commemorate this 100th anniversary of the historic Armistice with this limited mintage Gold proof coin. Add this 2018 Gold 100th Anniversary of the First World War Armistice Proof coin to your cart today!
The centenary of the outbreak of the First World War may have passed, but The Royal Mint’s five-year program of commemoration, marking 100 years on from that final Armistice in 1918, continues with a prestigious Gold proof coin.
The final coin in a series of the First World War commemorative coins, this tribute marks the moment the fighting ended with the signing of the Armistice in 1918. This proof coin was designed by internationally renowned textile artist Stephen Raw, who was inspired by Wilfred Owen's poem, "Strange Meeting". Wilfred Owen was one of the best known soldier poets, and killed in action one week before the Armistice of 1918. Stephen Raw took his design a step further by visiting France to take clay from the Sambre-Oise Canal for his model - the location where Owen lost his life.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.