2017 1 oz $5 Canadian Silver 150th Voyager BU (Abrasions)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
The character and spirit of the country was revealed on Canada's first circulating Silver dollar in 1935. These coins will exhibit light to heavy contact marks, milk spots, toning, etc.
Canada’s first circulating Silver dollar was introduced in 1935 to mark the Silver Jubilee celebrations for King George V. Its design featured a voyageur and native person paddling a canoe in tribute to the fur trade; the industry that founded the nation, and the image of a vast untamed frontier it conveyed made it one of the most popular coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coins will exhibit contact marks, milk spotting, abrasions, etc.
- Single coins come in protective packaging. Multiples of 25 come in plastic tubes. Multiples of 500 come in monster boxes.
- Features a visible micro-engraved security maple leaf featuring "17" in the center of the leaf.
- Obverse: Susanna Blunt’s design of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the $5 face value and the year 2017.
- Reverse: Depicts an image of a canoe carrying furs with a voyager paddling at the stern and an aboriginal paddling at the bow.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this 1 oz Silver Canada 150 Special Edition Voyageur coin to your cart today!
Largely unchanged from the design that appeared on Canadian silver dollars from 1935 to 1986, the “Voyageur” image by sculptor and artist Emanuel Hahn is a powerful nod to Canada’s early history and its reputation as an untamed frontier during the fur trade era.
In the center of the coin's reverse is where a canoe moves swiftly past the wind-swept pines that dot a semi-circular island. A voyageur paddles at the stern, while an Aboriginal paddles at the bow; between them, a bundle of wrapped furs are marked “HB” for Hudson’s Bay Company, while stylized vertical rays above represent the aurora borealis lighting up the sky.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.