Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
This Gold-plated fine Silver coin commemorates Cook’s anchoring off Nootka Sound, viewed from the perspective of the Mowachaht people who greeted the expedition.
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 4,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays a right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Depicts Captain Cook’s expedition sailing into Nootka Sound at the end of March 1778. Viewed from the ocean-going canoe in the foreground, HMS Resolution is a towering sight on the water, as the Mowachaht beach keeper and his companions are paddling out to greet the ship and its crew. Dressed in traditional clothing, the beach keeper stands with one arm raised while his right hand grips a paddle bearing a traditional motif.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
A unique keepsake for anyone to cherish for a lifetime, add this 2018 2 oz Captain Cook and the HMS Resolution coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.