Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Silver weight.
- Coins will be in Proof condition and delivered in protective plastic capsules.
- Limited mintage of 3,000. Few pieces available in the international market.
- Obverse: Depicts the portrait of Vasily Struve next to an astronomic device. The Pulkovo Observatory is in the background shown with a starry sky made with a laser matted technique. Legend translated "V. YA. STRUVE".
- Reverse: Features the State Coat of Arms of the Russian Federation, date, denomination, weight, purity and the mintmark of the Moscow Mint. Legends translating to: Russian Federation, Bank of Russia, 2 Roubles.
- Struck at the Saint Petersburg mint.
Add this beautiful Russian Silver Proof commemorative coin to your collection today!
Friedrich Georg Wilhelm von Struve was born in Altona, present day part of Hamburg, Germany. He went to the University of Dorpat in the Russian Empire (now Tartu, Estonia) to avoid conscription in the Napoleonic armies. He taught at the university from 1813 and was appointed head of the university in 1819. In 1834, among other honors, he became a Honorary Member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Ennobled by Tsar Nicholas I, Struve supervised the construction of the Pulkovo Observatory and served as its director from 1839 to 1862.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.