Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Limited mintage of 500 coins worldwide.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .999 Silver.
- First-ever coin featuring an authentic lasered wooden papyrus inlay.
- Housed in a custom made folder and a capsule housing the certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the letter on a papyri inlay, legend left "Aurelius Polion, Tebtunis Papyri".
- Reverse: Depicts the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II, denomination and date.
Handle your coins with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this unique world's first authentic papyrus inlay coin to your collection today!
"I pray that you are in good health night and day, and I always make obeisance before all the gods on your behalf. I do not cease writing to you, but you do not have me in mind. But I do my part writing to you always and do not cease bearing you (in mind) and having you in my heart. But you never wrote to me concerning your health, how are you doing. I am worried about you because although you received letters from me often, you never wrote back to me so that I may know how you (are).".
Written by the home sick Roman legion volunteer Aurelius Polion, these heartrending words were addressed to his mother and siblings at home in Egypt. The entire letter was composed mainly in Greek, when Egypt was under Roman rule. Aurelius was a soldier of legion II Adiutrix, stationed in Pannonia Inferior, today Hungary.
The letter was found in 1899 in the temple complex of Tebtunis and is now on display in the Bancroft Library at the University of California, Berkeley.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.