Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Limited presentation of 220 sets.
- Contains a total of 1.925 ounces of .9999 fine Gold.
- Includes the following sizes: 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz, 1/20 oz and 1/40 oz.
- Comes in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the fifth likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Depicts a traditional Britannia, inspired by Ancient Rome. The Britannia is featured wearing a helmet adorned with flowers, designed by David Lawrence.
This exceptional Gold Proof set would be a great addition to any coin collection. Add this beautiful Proof set to your cart today!
Britannia is the female personification of Britain, an enduring symbol that has appeared on coinage for centuries. Throughout shifts in art and politics, technology and popular culture, she has reflected the spirit and values of the nation.
The Britannia Collection from The Royal Mint has become known for showcasing various artists, who create their own interpretation of the icon. For 2018, David Lawrence depicts the Britannia with more classical imagery, playing homage to the Ancient Rome roots of the Britannia, who was first featured on coinage during the Roman emperor Hadrian's time, over 2,000 years ago. The Roman invasion led to the establishment of the Britannia province, which she came to personify.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.