Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains .2419 oz of Gold.
- Comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of 500 coins.
- Obverse: Features the famous Rodin sculpture "Le Baiser" completed in 1882. It is surrounded by a window giving the impression that it is set in Rodin's museum. A stamp on the left side identifies the series and the right side identifies the title of the sculpture.
- Reverse: Is common to the series and features several views of major French museums including Musee d'Orsay, the Louvre, a fresco of the Hotel Sale, Hotel Biron, and Centre Pompidou stairway. The face value and words "Republique Francaise" are also inscribed.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Gold coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for an art enthusiast. Add this 2018 Gold €50 Masterpieces of Museums Proof (Le Baiser) coin to your cart today!
The Baiser is a marble sculpture that was completed in 1882 by French sculptor Augute Rodin. It is based on Paolo and Francesca's love in Dante's Inferno and is a shared love symbol today. In 1888, the French government ordered the first large-scale marble version on The Baiser from Rodin for the 1889 Exposition universelle. Today The Baiser is displayed in The Musée Rodin.
The Rodin Museum
The Musée Rodin in Paris, France was opened in 1919 and dedicated to the works of French sculptor Auguste Rodin. It has two sites: the Hôtel Biron and surrounding grounds in central Paris and Rodin's old home, The Villa des Brillants in Meudon, just outside of Paris. The collection included 6,600 sculptures, 8,000 photographs, and 7,000 art objects. The museum receives 700,000 visitors annually.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.