2018 Niue Silver Gustav Klimt Golden Five (Medicine)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
This Silver Proof coin has a low mintage of 555 and is the fourth issue in the Golden Five painting series. The "Medicine" was presented in March 1901 at the 10th Secession Exhibition.
- Contains .545 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a presentation case in the shape of a frame along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Low mintage of 555 coins.
- Obverse: Displays a profile portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II along with the denomination and year of issue.
- Reverse: Features a colorful portrait flamboyant goddess of health and cleanliness Hygieia with the Aesculapian snake around her arm and the cup of Lethe in her hand. On the right side of the portrait is an Amber insert. "GUSTAV KLIMT" is on the left side of the coin.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Niue government.
Handle your coins with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This fourth coin of this series is decorated with Polish Amber, the Gold of the Baltic Sea. Add this 2018 Silver Gustav Klimt Golden Five Medicine in Gold coin to your cart today!
In 1911 Medicine eventually came into the possession of a Jewish family, and in 1938 the painting was seized by Germany. In 1943, after a final exhibition, they were moved to Schloss Immendorf, a castle in Lower Austria, for protection. In May 1945 the paintings were destroyed as retreating German SS forces set fire to the castle to prevent it falling into enemy hands. All that remains now are preparatory sketches and a few photographs. Only one photograph remains of the complete painting of Medicine, taken just before it was destroyed.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.