2018 South Africa 1/2 oz Gold Natura Massospondylus
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
A new chapter in the award-winning Natura series begins with the introduction of Palaeontology. The first year will focus on dinosaurs. This beautiful 1/2 oz Gold coin has a worldwide mintage of 1,000.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a box and with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 1,000 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts the fossilized skull, neck and shoulder of an Erythrosuchus africanus. The words "Rise of the dinosaurs", "Archosauria" and the year 2018 as Roman numerals "MMXVIII".
- Reverse: Features an image of the Massospondylus carinatus, one of the best known dinosaurs in the world and also the most common dinosaur species in Southern Africa. Massospondylus is a prosauropod dinosaur and lived in the early Jurassic period, which makes it one of the oldest dinosaurs on earth.
- Minted at the South African Mint.
Add this 1/2 oz Gold Natura Massospondylus carinatus coin to your cart today!
The Natura series was first introduced in 1994 and has depicted South African wildlife animals. This dinosaur had a typical saurischian type pelvis with a forward-jutting pubis. Its length was 4 meters to 6 meters and it had a small head, narrow body and long neck and tail. Its hind limbs were much longer and stronger than its front limbs which, together with the morphology of the hips, indicate that it was a bipedal. The small serrated leaf-shaped teeth suggest it was probably an omnivore.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.