Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1/10 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a box and with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 1,500 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts the fossilized skull, neck and shoulder of an Erythrosuchus africanus. The words "Rise of the dinosaurs", "Archosauria and the year 2018 as Roman numerals "MMXVIII".
- Reverse: Features an image of the Erythrosuchus which had an exceptionally large skull for its size, occupying approximately a fifth of its total body length. Its teeth were as large as that of any large carnosaur, but curved like those of other Archosaurimorphs, suggesting that they preyed upon large prey animals which were difficult to subdue. This creature walked on all fours with a semi-erect gait which would have enabled it to move more swiftly than other more primitive reptiles of the same size. It would still have been a cumbersome animal given its size and for that reason it is speculated that it was an ambush predator.
- Minted at the South African Mint.
Add this 1/10 oz Gold Natura Dinosaur coin to your cart today!
The Natura series was first introduced in 1994 and has depicted South African wildlife animals. Erythrosuchidae were Archosauriforms from the late Triassic of South Africa and Namibia. The Erythrosuchus africanus was approximately 5 m long and stood over 2 m tall, making it the largest predator of the time. The Erythrosuchidae would have been at the top of the food pyramid, preying on all other terrestrial vertebrates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.