Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Signed between France, Britain and Germany in a railway carriage in the Forest of Compiègne north of Paris, the Armistice implemented a ceasefire at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. The Treaty of Versailles, which formally ended the war, was then signed on 28 June 1919.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin is housed in a classic grey display case, each within a themed shipper and accompanied by a
numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Featured on each coin’s reverse is a dove, a bird which has for millennia represented peace, holding in its beak a red poppy. Poppies were the first flowers to bloom in the devastated battlefields of Western Europe and soon became widely accepted as the symbol of remembrance. In the background is the word peace struck in different fonts, the inscription "1918 END of WORLD WAR I" and The Perth Mint’s traditional "P" mintmark.
Add this 1 oz Silver $1 100th Anniversary coin to your cart today!
For the Fallen was written by Laurence Binyon, an English poet and writer, and was first published in 1914 not long after the start of the First World War. The Ode is the name that has been given to the fourth stanza from For the Fallen and was actually written first. This stanza has become the most recognized of the entire poem, reprinted by many Australian newspapers during the war. It has since been adopted as part of remembrance ceremonies both in Australia and around the world.
Today The Ode is recited at memorial services commemorating the First World War, such as Anzac Day and Remembrance Day, in honor of all casualties of war regardless of their nationality. It is also recited by men and women of the Australian Defense Force each afternoon at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra, as part of the Last Post Ceremony.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.