Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Limited edition presentation of 10 coins worldwide, with a total maximum mintage of 13 coins.
- Contains 1 kilo of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a box and includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Portrays the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Designed by Jody Clark, the design features the falcon holding a shield. The shield's badge features a smaller falcon within an open fetterlock. Guaranteed by The Royal Mint.
This majestic coin is a must-have for any collection. Add this 2019 GB Proof 1 kilo Gold Queen's Beasts Falcon coin to your cart today!
When Her Majesty The Queen was crowned in 1953, ten statues stood guard at her coronation in Westminster Abbey, fierce royal protectors called The Queen’s Beasts. They represented centuries of history and heritage that were passed on to Her Majesty that day.
Now, 65 years later, The Queen’s Beasts Collection from The Royal Mint explores these ten heraldic guardians, what they stand for and the monarchs they have represented through the ages. Each beast has its own story to tell and the fifth release celebrates the magnificent Falcon of the Plantagenets
The Falcon of the Plantagenets came to The Queen through Edward IV. The shield in the grasp of the larger Falcon also shows a smaller falcon atop a golden fetterlock, which is partially open. This depicts Edward's claim to the throne. The Falcon was later adopted by Henry VIII and established as a royal beast during the reign of Elizabeth I.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.