|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
We at APMEX are proud to present a new, spectacular 8-coin series, featuring Native American weapons. Using the latest technology, these vibrant 1 oz curved coins offer a unique piece of Native American culture married with stunning color and design.
Each honored tribe is paired with an original Native American weapon that they may have used in battles amongst one another and immigrants over many centuries. The obverses are hand sculpted so that the collector can enjoy a high level of detail in these diverse armaments.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coin comes in a protective plastic capsule inside a black display box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 1,500 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts a hand sculpted image of a Native American war shield.
- Reverse: Features a striking image of a Cree tribe member dressed in traditional war dress with his weapon, the bone knife.
- All of the coins in the series are authorized by the federally recognized sovereign nation of Jamul. This detail can be seen on the rim of the coin.
Add this unique piece of Native American culture to your cart today!
CREE BONE KNIFE
Knives were used as tools for hunting, skinning animals, as well as for protection. Knives consisted of a blade made of stone, bone, or deer antlers fastened to a wooden handle. Later, Native American knives were also made from steel or iron, following the European settlers' weapon making influences.
War Shields were made to be used as a means of defense on horseback only and were therefore found as a defensive weapon amongst the Great Plains Indians. The war shields were made from the skin of a buffalo's neck which had been smoked and hardened with glue extracted from the hoofs of the bison. The more skins used in making the war shields, the better protection they would offer. The war shields were used to deflect arrows but could also provide protection against the spear of an enemy.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.