2019 Australia 3-Coin Silver Lunar Pig Proof Set
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The Perth Mint celebrates 2018 as the Year of the Pig with this elegant three-coin set featuring the 1/2 oz, 1 oz and 2 oz Silver Lunar coins. Each coin contains .9999 fine Silver, providing Silver value beyond collectible appeal.
Each of these coins combines The Perth Mint's high-quality .9999 fine Silver content with a unique, collectible design.
- Contains 3.5 oz of .9999 fine Silver. Includes the 2 oz, 1 oz and 1/2 oz coin with a face value of $2.00, $1.00 and $0.50, respectively.
- Comes in a red and black presentation case and themed shipper with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Portrays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by the date, face value and Silver weight and purity.
- Reverse: Depicts a domesticated pig with four piglets amid stylized foliage. The design also incorporates the Chinese character for pig, the inscription "Year of the Pig" and The Perth Mint’s traditional "P" mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Expand your Lunar collection with this spectacular Year of the Pig Silver coin from the Perth Mint. Add the 2018 3-Coin Proof Silver Year of the Pig Set to your cart today!
Struck by the historic Perth Mint from .9999 fine Silver, each coin's Australian legal tender status guarantees its weight and purity.
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series II collection epitomizes the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying Chinese themes. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2018 reverse celebrates the Year of the Pig. The birth dates for people ruled by the Chinese Lunar pig include 1923, 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007 and 2019. Those born under the influence of this sign are said to be honest, loyal, sincere and generous with a calm temperament.
Known for their quality and collectibility, the Perth Mint Lunar series is a cornerstone of many Precious Metals portfolios. The original Lunar bullion series, these coins (beginning with the Series I launch in 1996) have become some of the most widely collected around the globe, as demand originated in Asia but spread to Europe and America as investors became exposed to the design and quality. In addition to the annual design change, many investors love that the coins' select mintage limits create the potential for even greater investment return in the form of a numismatic premium appreciation. This series is so popular, the 1 oz Gold and Silver Lunars are now instant sell-outs every year!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.