|Volume Discount Pricing|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Piedforts are almost twice as thick as a standard 1 oz coin!
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes packaged in a maroon clamshell display box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 6,000 coins.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: The reverse design by artist Mary McPherson presents a detail-rich portrait of Tecumseh, shown in three-quarter view. His gaze trained ahead, the visionary war leader is dressed in traditional clothing and wears the King George III medal around his neck. He is flanked by an American eagle on one side and a British lion on the other; this deliberate positioning reflects Tecumseh’s role in the War of 1812 as a key military ally of Upper Canada, which is further emphasized by the maple leaves above him. Between the leaves is an artistic representation of a shooting star on a rising path, for which Tecumseh was named. Trees and clouds fill the field and hint at an indigenous worldview that he is part of a universal process, and had fought on behalf of all who shared the land and sky.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Illuminated by the mirror-like shine of a beautiful proof finish, the engraved reverse includes a number of highly symbolic elements that allude to Tecumseh’s enduring legacy. Add this 1 oz Silver Piedfort Anniversary of Tecumseh's Birth coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.