Eastern Roman Gold Solidus Theodosius II (402-450 AD) Ch AU NGC
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
Theodosius II in his life would strengthen the walls of Constantinople adding additional fortification that would come to be known as the Theodosian walls. He would also pass Theodosian code which helped to codify Roman Law into writing.
- AV Solidus: This Gold coin is from the reign of Theodosius II (402 - 450 AD).
- Graded Choice AU and authenticated by NGC.
- Mint: Constantinople.
- Strike: 4/5, Surface: 4/5.
- Obverse: D N THEODOSIVS P F AVG. Diademed, helmeted and cuirassed bust facing slightly right, holding spear and clothed in chief priest robes.
- Reverse: Constantinopolis seated (personification of Constantinople) mint name below.
Protect and display your Gold Solidus in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this Gold Solidus of Theodosius II coin to your cart today!
APMEX takes pride in being one of the most innovative companies in our industry. In true innovation, we leveraged partnerships with the top coin grading agencies to create CoinGrade+®, providing relevant numismatic information, synced daily with third-party grading services, ensuring you have the most up-to-date information available.Learn More
The total number of coins produced at a specific mint for a particular date and mintmark combination.
The total number of coins that have obtained a higher grade than the subject coin by a particular grading service.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.