Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Limited edition presentation of 3,888 coins worldwide.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in mint box with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Displays the fifth portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 2 pounds.
- Reverse: Features a sow, nursing her piglets with a country home in the backdrop.
- Official legal tender backed by British government.
Add this stunning 2019 1 oz Silver Year of the Pig Proof coin to your cart today!
The 2019 Lunar Year of the Pig coin is the latest in The Royal Mint’s Shengxiào Collection. Combining centuries of Chinese tradition with British minting craftsmanship, the collection celebrates the 12 animals of the Chinese Zodiac, or Shengxiào, and their distinctive characteristics and qualities.
People born in the year of the Pig are thought to be compassionate, generous and diligent. 2019 is also the year of the Earth Pig, which cycles every 60 years. The Pig is a hard worker, and is respected for their integrity and loyalty. They are especially organized and tend to have a large circle of friends due to their great sense of humor.
Harry Brockway, the coin's reverse designer, focused on the compassionate nature of the Pig to be represented in the design. The country home with smoke rising from the warm fireplace inside symbolizes calmness, along with the night sky in the backdrop. The pig with her children symbolizes family, loyalty and generosity.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.