Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
Created as an ongoing collaboration with Argyle Pink Diamonds’ major authorized partner, Singapore-based John Glajz, The Perth Mint’s multi-million dollar masterpiece tells the remarkable story of two of the nation’s most treasured natural riches.
Creatively inspired by the holey dollar which was introduced as Australia’s first official currency in 1814, Discovery combines two of Australia’s rarest and most precious elements. Every facet of its design is symbolic of the destiny and fortune pursued by early prospectors in their relentless search of Gold and diamonds.
- Contains 2 kilograms of .9999 fine Gold and two stones from the Argyle Pink Diamond Signature Tender, including a brilliant cut 0.88 carat Fancy Intense Purplish Pink and a 1.02 carat emerald cut Fancy Vivid Purplish Pink, as well as two 0.08 carat Fancy Intense Vivid Pink stones.
- The coin is presented in a prestigious black wooden display box within a stylish black shipper and is accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity. The box is then enclosed inside a black train case with Gold Discovery logo.
- Maximum mintage of only one coin.
- Discovery’s outer coin features a sailing ship and rowboat ferrying hopeful diggers ashore, while a 19th century prospector pans for Gold in front of miners’ tents. Adjacent is a vista of where pink diamonds were found. The Kimberley region is depicted by an iconic boab tree and kangaroos, with a brilliant cut pink diamond representing the tropical sun. With the first glimpse of one of these rare pink prizes reportedly glinting from the soil of an anthill, the adjoining scene portrays a worker ant on a mound of earth with an emerald cut pink diamond clasped between its mandibles.
- To complement the external coin, the heart of the coin features a stylized image of Australia with two additional pink diamonds marking the location of Ophir in the south-east, where Gold was first found, and the Argyle Diamond Mine in the north-west, the source of these exquisite colored gemstones.
Discovery is expected to command the attention of diamond connoisseurs, collectors and investors the world over. Call and chat with our team today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.