Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Limited edition presentation of 1,500 coins worldwide.
- Contains 1.682 oz of fine Silver.
- Comes in custom display box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Portrays the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features a red poppy, the symbol of Armistice Day, along with the word, "Remembrance".
- Guaranteed by The Royal Mint.
Celebrate this historic event with this limited mintage Proof Silver coin. Add this 2018 Great Britain £5 Silver Remembrance Day Proof Piedfort coin to your cart today!
Every year on the eleventh hour, of the eleventh day, of the eleventh month, the nation falls silent for two minutes. Ever since Remembrance Day began in 1919 as a way of honoring the sacrifices of the First World War, ceremonies have continued to take place at war memorials for almost a century. As conflicts continue around the world today, it is now marked to remember the dead of both the First and Second World Wars, as well as those who continue to risk their lives to protect our freedom and the values we hold.
Each year The Royal Mint is proud to release a coin created by one of their own designers for Remembrance Day. For 2018, the reverse design was created by Laura Clancy, who was inspired by a research trip to the First World War battlegrounds in France and Belgium.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.