1902 Date Back $5.00 Gloucester, MA VF-20 PMG (CH#899)
Rollover to Zoom
The product pictured is the exact product you will receive.
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
Nice Series 1902 Date Back $5.00 National Note issued by The Cape Ann National Bank of Gloucester, Massachusetts. This bank originally opened in March of 1865.
- These large size National Currency notes were issued beginning in early 1902.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Lightly circulated Date Back $5.00 note from Series 1902 in VF-20 condition as graded by PMG.
- Signatures of Lyons/Roberts—Friedberg # 598.
- Face: A portrait of President Benjamin Harrison.
- Back: An engraving of the Pilgrims landing.
National Banknotes are a very popular area of U.S. paper money collecting. Add this nice collector’s item to your cart today!
For up to 90% of the profit, the comptroller would authorize the production of notes bearing the individual bank’s name. A lower Charter #899 indicates that this bank was organized in March of 1865. Since over 12,000 banks were chartered and issued notes, these issues have become highly sought after by collectors.
This bank issued almost 5 million dollars under this charter, but when it closed in 1935, less than $115,000 were still outstanding.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.