Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- These small size National Currency notes were issued beginning in early 1929.
- This note will be housed in an archival quality currency sleeve by PMG.
- This Type-2 $5 note in Very Fine-35 condition is graded by PMG.
- Face: A portrait of Abraham Lincoln.
- Back: An engraving of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C.
Handle your currency with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Since over 12,000 banks were chartered and issued notes, these issues have become highly sought after by collectors. Add this nice collector’s item to your cart today!
This type was conceived by Secretary of the Treasury Salmon P. Chase who devised a system of nationally chartered banks. Individual banks purchased U.S. government bonds and deposited them with the comptroller of the currency. For up to 90% of the profit, the comptroller would authorize the production of notes bearing the individual bank’s name.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.