Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
To commemorate the 100th anniversary of the tragic sinking, this fine Silver coin depicts the moment of impact in the icy waters of Alaska’s Lynn Canal when the ship struck the reef and where the ship is still located today.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a maroon clamshell with a graphic outer box.
- Low limited mintage of 6,000 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: The powerful reverse image by Yves Bérubé presents a dramatic depiction of an event that has been called “the unknown Titanic of the West Coast.” The artist’s choice of colors convey the rough seas in the early morning hours of October 24, 1918, when a blinding snow storm pushed the SS Princess Sophia off course and on a fateful collision with a wave-swept reef. The colorful scene shows the moment of impact, when the ship’s hull struck Vanderbilt Reef head on. The color image fills the space between the engraved shores of Lynn Canal, the Alaskan Inlet where the events took place, which adds geographic context to the design.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this brilliant Silver SS Princess Sophia commemorative coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.