2017 Great Britain 20 oz Silver Britannia 20th Anniv (No Box)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Get this limited edition 20 oz Proof Silver Britannia while you can! With a maximum mintage of 350 coins, this coin is an ideal investment option.
- Contains 20 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes with a certificate of authenticity, but does not include the wooden display box.
- Maximum mintage of 350 coins.
- The first 20 oz Silver coin struck by The Royal Mint.
- Features a trident mint mark specifically for 2017.
- Limited edition Proof coin celebrating 20 years of the Silver Britannia coin.
- Obverse: Features the 5th effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination, design by Jody Clark.
- Reverse: Depicts a new, modern Britannia. She holds her ancient warrior attributes including the familiar crested helmet, spear, and shield. Great Britain is illustrated by incorporating Britannia into its silhouette, her flowing robe is in fact the stable, rocky surface of Britain itself.
- Sovereign coin backed by British government.
This exceptional coin would be a great addition to any coin collection. Add this artistic coin to your cart today!
Britannia is the female personification of Britain, an enduring symbol that has appeared on coinage for centuries. Throughout shifts in art and politics, technology and popular culture, she has reflected the spirit and values of the nation.
The Britannia Collection from The Royal Mint has become known for showcasing modern artists, who create their own interpretation of the icon. For 2017, Louis Tamlyn has created a modern interpretation, reflecting a year of political change when the eyes of the world have often been on Britain.
This year also marks two significant anniversaries for the Britannia coin. In 1987 The Royal Mint introduced a new bullion coin to the international market. The coin was called Britannia and three decades later we mark its 30th anniversary. 2017 is also the 20th anniversary of the first Silver Britannia bullion coin, making it a historically important year for the coin.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.