2018 France Silver €10 The 7 Arts (Apollinaire)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Guillaume Apollinaire, known as the pioneer of Surrealism in poetry, was a known for his calligrams & acrostic poems.
- Contains 0.622 oz of Silver.
- Comes in a box and with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Low mintage of only 1,000 coins.
- Obverse: Shows the calligram of Guillaume Apollinaire speaking about the Eiffel Tower. The background features a landscape taken from one if his famous poems, Pont Mirabeau.
- Reverse: Shows the portrait of the poet in front of a background of fir trees as a reference to his poem "Les Sapins". The face value and the name of the artist are also written.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Silver coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2018 France Silver €10 The 7 Arts Apollinaire coin to your cart today!
Guillaume Appollinaire was a French poet & writer considered to be one of the greatest of the 20th century. He was most know for his calligrams and acrostic poems and was active politically, taking part in the literary and aesthetic revolutions. He was known as a defender of modern art and a pioneer of surrealism which revolutionized poetry. He was admired during his lifetime by the young poets who later formed the core of the surrealist group: Andre Breton, Louis Aragon, & Philippe Soupault.
Monnaie de Paris is honoring Appollinaire as 2018 marks the 100th anniversary of his passing.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.