Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains .666 oz of fine Silver.
- Packaged with a mint box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 30,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features a nativity scene in the background, in front of the Silent Night! Holy Night!" Had sounded the first time. Outlined and in the foreground are the nativity figures Mary, Joseph and the Christ Child.
- Reverse: On the right side the coin features a starry sky with a colored printed star of Bethlehem that lights up in the dark.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian government.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any historic collection. Add this 2018 Austria Silver €20 Anniversary of Silent Night coin to your cart today!
It is the evening of the 24th of December 1818. In the church of St. Nikola in Oberndorf, the Christmas Mass just ended. Franz Xaver Gruber and Joseph Mohr - he is holding a guitar - stand up in front of the nativity scene. They sound a lullaby, one that the Oberndorfer have never heard before. Mohr, the Salzburg auxiliary pastor, had already written the six-staged poem in 1816 in Mariapfarr; Gruber, the teacher from Upper Austria, set it to music.
Tyrolean singers, especially the siblings Strasser and Ludwig Ranier's "Rainer Family", launched the song in the first half of the 19th century in Europe, America and Russia.
The better known the song became, the less known the creators were: in 1943 the writer Hertha Pauli, born in Vienna and fled after the Anchluss, informed the American's that "Silent Night" was not an American folk song. 200 years after the premiere, everyone knows who they owe this classic song to.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Mark R
From:Bel Air, MD
Date:Dec 5, 2018
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.