- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- Lowest denomination of this famous series issued.
- Sealed in an inert mylar currency holder certified by PMG.
- Graded Very Fine-35 by PMG.
- Signatures: Tillman/Morgan—Friedberg #224.
- Face: A vignette of "History Instructing Youth" pointing to a panoramic view of the Potomac River and Washington D.C.
- Back: Dual portraits of George and Martha Washington.
Silver Certificates are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. These notes were backed by and could be redeemed for Silver coin. Add one of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
Series 1896 Silver Certificates were issued in denominations of $1.00, $2.00 and $5.00. These are referred to as the Educational Series for their artistic designs. These notes are some of the most in demand of all U.S. paper money.
This stunning design features the Constitution on the right and in the background are the Washington Monument and the U.S. Capitol. Around the borders are the names of famous Americans in wreaths.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.