1935-A $1.00 Brown Seal Hawaii VF
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the note shown.
We provide a 4.0% cash discount to our customers if they pay for their order by check, bank wire or trade. As an introductory offer, bitcoin orders will be eligible for the cash discount. The prices shown for each product under Check/Wire/Bitcoin include the 4.0% cash discount. The prices shown for each product under CC/PayPal are the full list price.
- Product Details
Product DetailsThis Series 1935-A $1 Silver Certificate is a World War II issue that features a brown seal and serial numbers, and bold Hawaii overprints. These notes will grade Very Fine.
- This denomination was one of four, along with the $5, $10, and $20 to be used for this purpose during the war.
- These notes come housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- All notes are from series 1935-A.
- Nice Very Fine condition.
- Printed in the early 1940s and feature a brown seal and serial numbers along with the familiar portrait of President George Washington.
- The back of each note has a large “HAWAII” over-stamp in block letters across the middle.
Due to the very real possibility of a Japanese invasion of Hawaii and the west coast following Pearl Harbor, the Treasury Department issued these special notes. In the event of the currency falling into enemy hands, these could be rendered worthless by the government. Although many of these notes were printed during the war, they are seldom seen today! These historic notes would make great gift ideas for any currency collector!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.