Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The Royal Mint is celebrating the 40th anniversary of the story of The Snowman, Raymond Briggs' classic tale, first released in 1978. There are only 15,000 coins in this limited edition presentation style.
- Limited edition presentation mintage of 15,000 worldwide.
- Contains .2379 oz of Silver.
- Each coin is cased in an acrylic block with delicate snow falling around. The gift box contains a fold-out booklet, featuring exclusive illustrations from Robin Shaw.
- Obverse: Includes the Jody Clark designed effigy of Her Majesty Elizabeth II along with the denomination.
- Reverse: Features a colorized image of the boy and snowman soaring through the night sky above Brighton Pier in a design by artist Natasha Ratcliffe.
Add this 2018 Great Britain 50p Silver 40th Anniversary The Snowman Proof coin to your cart today!
This beautiful coin celebrates the 40th anniversary of the classic tale, telling the story of a snowman who comes to life and befriends the little boy who built him. Narrated entirely through pictures, it was originally created as a way to introduce children to mortality, but has since become a popular festive book. This is the first festive colorized printing coin from The Royal Mint, and also the first colorized printing acrylic block.
Each coin is struck in Sterling Silver, and finished to a Proof standard.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.