Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
This Gold Lunar Dog from Perth Mint is graded a perfect First Strike MS-70 by PCGS and comes in a certified holder. With the mintage capped at 30,000 coins, Gold Lunar coins are highly sought after each year.
However, these MS-70 PCGS coins have a much lower population than the raw coins. The overall population of First Strike coins from PCGS is 268.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees and protects the perfect MS-70 condition.
- First Strike designation guarantees your coin was struck in the first 30 days of being released.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the Gold purity and face value.
- Reverse: Depicts a Labrador Retriever on rocks with a stylized pine tree in the background. This beautiful lunar design also incorporates the Chinese character for "Dog", the inscription "Year of the Dog", and The Perth Mint's traditional "P" mintmark.
- The Red Label is exclusive to APMEX, featuring designs for each year in the popular Lunar Series. This will significantly add to the collectibility of these coins.
Protect and display your perfect MS-70 PCGS Dog in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this spectacular 2018 1 oz Gold Lunar Dog graded First Strike MS-70 by PCGS to your cart today!
Perth Mint's Australian Lunar Series II collection epitomizes the rich tradition of minting spectacular bullion coins by portraying animal themes from the Chinese Lunar calendar. The reverse design changes each year based on the Chinese lunar calendar, and the 2018 reverse celebrates the Year of the Dog. The birth dates for people born in the Lunar Year of the Dog include 1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006 and 2018. Those born in these years are said to be loyal, amiable, kind and friendly.
Known for their quality and collectibility, the Perth Mint Lunar series is a cornerstone of many Precious Metals portfolios. The original Lunar bullion series, these coins (beginning with the Series I launch in 1996) have become some of the most widely collected around the globe, as demand originated in Asia but spread to Europe and America as investors became exposed to the design and quality. In addition to the annual design change, many investors love that the coins' select mintage limits create the potential for even greater investment return in the form of a numismatic premium appreciation. This series is so popular, the 1 oz Gold and Silver Lunars are now instant sell-outs every year!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.