Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a box and with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Extremely limited mintage of just 250 coins.
- Obverse: Features the portrait of Marie Curie surrounded by her double surname and dates of birth and passing. In the background, the texture is a reproduction of the scientific manuscripts of her works. It included formulas related to the research that led her to be presented the Nobel Prize.
- Reverse: Depicts Marie Curie & her husband Pierre, surrounded by the evocation of the Nobel prizes she received. The background is made of a representation of the molecular structure of polonium, discovery that led her to be presented to the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1911.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Gold coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2019 1 oz Proof Gold €200 Marie Curie coin to your cart today!
Marie Curie, born Maria Salomea Sklodowska, was a Polish physicist and chemist who was naturalized in France. Marie & her husband Pierre won their first Nobel Price in Physics in 1903 for their research on radiation. In 1911 she alone won the prize in Chemistry for her work on polonium & radium.
She was the first woman to have received the Nobel Prize, and to-date is the only woman to have received two. In addition, she is the only person to-date that has been awarded the prize in two distinct scientific fields: Physics & Chemistry. She was also the first female, along with her husband, to be presented the Davy Medal for her work on radium.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.