Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 7,500 coins.
- Obverse: The effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Your coin features Billy Bishop standing with his first plane, a Nieuport 17 that he affectionately called “Little Daisy”. In the foreground, a full-color portrait of the flying ace with “BILLY BISHOP 1894-1956” engraved to the right of his shoulder. Royal Canadian Mint engravers reproduced archival photographs to create this design.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
This stunning tribute to a pilot and his plane embodies all the excitement at the dawn of the aviation age, its revolutionizing impact on military warfare, and the daring young men who made it possible. It is an ideal addition to any history-themed collection. Add this 2019 Anniversary of Billy Bishop coin to your cart today!
Fighter planes were all-new during the First World War. In March 1917, a young pilot who would become Canada’s top flying ace took to the air. Billy Bishop, born on February 8, 1894 in Owen Sound (Ontario), was 23 years old when he downed his first German plane on his first mission. By the end of the War, he had 72 victories to his credit, ranking third only behind the 80 claimed by Manfred von Richthofen, Germany’s legendary Red Baron
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.