1862 $2.00 Legal Tender Hamilton VF-20 PMG
Rollover to Zoom
The product pictured is the exact product you will receive.
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
These $2.00 Legal Tenders are becoming much more difficult to locate. Add this nicely preserved specimen to your collection today!
- Series of 1862 $2 United States Legal Tender Note.
- One of the first Legal Tender notes issued by the United States government.
- Signatures of Chittenden and Spinner—Friedberg #41.
- Housed in an archival quality mylar PMG currency holder.
- Face: Large portrait of Alexander Hamilton, 1st Secretary of the Treasury is featured on this note.
- Back: Ornately engraved with the denomination in three locations, and the obligation at right.
Certified by PMG as Very Fine-20 with only one stain to the left of the portrait that does show through is the only distraction on this early U.S. paper money issue from the Civil War!
This series is a favorite with collectors due to its intricate engraving and place in history. Add this collectors item to your cart today!
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the federal government to print paper money.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.