Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coin is encapsulated inside a maroon clamshell box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Displays a right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Features a colored rendering of a young Hypacrosaurus stebingeri, as it may have appeared 75 million years ago. The hatchling emerges from its egg against an engraved prehistoric landscape of evergreens, conifers, shrubs and low plants. The Hypacrosaurus’ uniquely shaped beak is viewed in right side profile as the hatchling looks up; it does not yet have the bony crest that is a distinctive feature of the adult Hypacrosaurus. Glow-in-the-dark technology reveals fossilized remains that are based on those uncovered at Devil’s Coulee in southern Alberta.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Be one of the few to own this unique glow-in-the-dark dinosaur coin. Add this 1 oz Silver Hatching Hadrosaur coin to your cart today!
There are few places in the world where dinosaur embryos have been discovered, but Canada is one of them. In 1987, eggshells found at Devil’s Coulee, in southern Alberta, led to the discovery of one of the largest dinosaur nesting sites in North America. There, palaeontologists from the Royal Tyrrell Museum unearthed the fossilized remains of Hypacrosaurus stebingeri nests, eggs, even embryos — a rare find for a species that roamed the land 75 million years ago. A young duckbill dinosaur emerges into a new world — ours — on this latest prehistoric-themed offering. The fine Silver coin is the perfect shape for a colorful depiction of a baby Hypacrosaurus breaking free from its egg against an engraved forest backdrop. This collectible is a treat for dinosaur fans of all ages. But an extra feature only reveals itself in the dark, where glow-in-the-dark technology hints at the special significance of a dinosaur discovery made in Canada.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.