Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of fine Silver.
- Coin comes individually packaged in a mini blister pack.
- Mintage of 100,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features a crusader on horseback, part of Leopold's crusade along with the year, weight and face value.
- Reverse: The reverse features the ‘King of Thieves’.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian government.
Collect the entire series which would be a fantastic addition to any historic collection. Add this 2019 Silver 825th Anniversary of the Austrian Mint Robin Hood coin to your cart today!
Robin Hood, the subject of the third and final coin in the series, is the hero of numerous ballads dating from the late Middle Ages and early modern period. Over the centuries, his portrayal evolved from an outlaw into the righteous character who stole from the rich to give to the poor. It was Sir Walter Scott’s novel Ivanhoe, published in 1820, which forged the classic Robin Hood myth that prevails today.
Whether Robin Hood really existed is uncertain. What is clearer, however, is that the taxation imposed on the people of England in order to raise the huge ransom paid to Austria for the release of King Richard caused violent social unrest in the country, which historians believe led to the origin of the legend of Robin Hood.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.